Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Night Blogging; The Random Thoughts Edition

Guess what? TOTALLY the weekend! Heck to the yeah! What better to lead into the weekend than a bullet post of random thoughts? Come on, you know it's good stuff.

  • Matt is gone to a business meeting until mid next week, leaving me here to my own devices. MY OWN DEVICES. So far today that has consisted of watching a Pet Sematary marathon on AMC (so many creepy memories of watching those movies), indulging myself at a local produce stand, and cooking up a freeeeeakin' amazing dinner of teriyaki marinated beef strips and fresh corn on the cob. Om nom nom.
  • I'm really excited with everyone's suggestions for my big photo meme, I've started snapping a few photos already. Go check out my previous post and leave some ideas if you haven't already!
  • I'm usually not a fan of media critics or reviews, but my local mag printed this review of Twilight: Eclipse that just had me rolling on the floor. I think my favorite line may be, 'the heroine of the story has the charisma of a comatose librarian'. But don't take my word for it, go read it yourself!
  • We have a ton of little sparrows that like to hop around the backyards and peck around in the grass at this time of day, and the cats are out on the back porch with their little noses pressed to the screen. Fierce hunters.
  • In less than 2 months, I turn 30. Let's not talk about that right now. ... Actually I'm not as unimpressed with turning 30 anymore, it will be delightful and full of liquor and sweets and I'll be the awesomest 30 year old on the block.
  • I think every other car down here has one of those annoying "family" stickers on the back of it. You know, the stick figure family with the mom and dad and however many annoying little kids/pets you've got.

Like this one. I seriously hope this is satirical BTW; who names their kids Boogers and Alecheetos?? Anyway, not only are they retarded, but sticking your CHILDREN'S NAMES UNDER THE STICK FIGURES OF THEM is really not the safest idea. At all. I'm glad the creeper that pulls up behind you at the gas station while you go inside to pay and get soda will know your daughter's name is Boogers, so he can lure her out of the van by using her name and promising offers of Milk Duds and Cheetos.

Argh.

Matt and I joked that we should either do one of the following:

1. Get one adult woman sticker, three adult men stickers, with 20 small baby girl stickers. Raising that female army, or the next pop sensation. Also, that is one lucky woman. (Although maybe not after birthing all those babies.)

2. Just 25 cat stickers. That's all. Run for the hills.



That's all I've got. I'd like to have a drink, but I'm not even motivated to go to the liquor store. Someone needs to start a delivery service...!

No comments: