Monday, June 29, 2009

List of Updates

This post is going to be a list of updates, in handy bullet form. How exciting!

x Finn is ok! :) Thanks for all of your well wishes for him; right now it looks like allergies, food allergies in particular, so we're going to put him on a hypoallergenic food. I can't believe I never thought of that!! Some ex-veterinary worker I am! They did a cytology, and we are happy it's nothing dastardly and evil. :)

x My workplace let go about 25 contract people over the weekend. EEEEEEK!!! Being a contract person myself, of course this didn't settle well with me! Myself and fellow contract-ees are a little concerned, obviously, because this really is a temporary position and we are on the tail end of a big merger... so who knows. I think this is a wake-up call to update my resume and get looking, though... while I love my little beach town the job market can be kind of desolate lately.

x My mom bought me some plane tickets to visit her for a long weekend over Labor Day! YAAAAAY! So excited!! I haven't been home since Christmas! :) September in Massachusetts is gorgeous <3

x I got sunburned yesterday! AND I almost lost my bathing suit to the turbulent sea... that'll teach me to wear a little flimsy suit in the ocean! I usually don't go all the way in the water because it's chilly, but it was nice and warm yesterday, so in I went, and away my suit almost followed! Yeesh. Hafta wear my sturdy suit next time! But I got a little sunburned too, so today I was itchy. :[

x Making TACOS for dinner! Yummmmm!

1 comment:

the girl with the pink teacup said...

So glad to hear that your kitty cat is going to be all right! Trust Finnegan Murphy's law that he'd have a kitty food allergy, though, right?

Oh, and laughing so much at your near-loss of swimmers (oops, 'bathing suit' in American...) What do you think you'd have done if you had lost them? Ha!