Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's that day -- Father's Day.

Father's Day comes with sort of a little black cloud for me -- my dad died very suddenly and out of the blue in August of 2005 at the age of 55, and was the catalyst for a chain of traumatic and not so exciting events that would completely throw myself and my mom off our casual, relaxed way of life and into completely new and foreign paths. If you told me four years ago where I would be today, I probably just would have laughed. Although I am extremely happy now, probably happier than I have been!

Maybe I'll tell my wacky story sometime. But for now, Happy Father's Day!!!



On a related note, I've been trying to go shopping for some new work shirts, and all my sales are gone thanks to Father's Day sales. I can't wear menswear! Well, I can, but I'd look like a major goober. :(

No comments: