Is it possible to STILL be sleepy from all the turkey you ate yesterday?! :O
I hope everyone had a wonderful and tasty Thanksgiving!! This was my first time cooking a full Thanksgiving meal, and everything came out WONDERFUL - no kitchen mishaps, nothing cooked improperly, everything done at the same time and nice and hot with juicy turkey! How in the heck did I do THAT?! :)
And today ....... BLACK FRIDAY.
In all of my shopping days I have never gotten up before the butt-crack of dawn to do Black Friday, with two exceptions. One was with an ex-boyfriend when we still lived in Massachusetts, to drive up bleary-eyed with the headlights on over the border of New Hampshire (no sales tax up there) about an hour away, to some sort of Best Buy type place where the line wrapped around the store and it was about two degrees out. And we didn't even make it out of the store with anything. Boy, that sure was delightful!
The second exception was today; Mr. Cats and I have been wanting a Playstation 3 for years now, and they had a great deal at GameStop where you could get the system plus 3 free games, so we went half and half on it and got one at 5:30am today. :) AND the best part, it only took about half an hour, so I was able to come back home and slide into bed around 6am. Sweeeet! We've been playing Gran Turismo and Little Big World all day! :)
Tonight we're going to get some Starbucks and go to the big tree lighting~! Can't wait!
And oh, I got an award from the lover-ly Meg over at Lost in Thought! Thank you!!!!!! :)
I'm a Superior Scribbler! WOOHOO!! :D I'm supposed to tell seven facts about myself, then tag some other folks to join in the fun. Okay, here goes...
1. On the video game topic, I started off playing an Atari when I was 5, then got my very first Nintendo at 9.... and it aaaaaall went from there! I've been playing video games all my life!
2. I used to hate salsa, but now I ADORE it. One of my favorite snacks is just a big bowl of tortilla chips and some fresh salsa.
3. I often have many, many dreams in the course of one night. Sometimes they are weeeeird!! But rarely do I have nightmares.
4. I am a homebody - I am generally happiest when I am at home, relaxing and doing things around the house. Sometimes I like to go out for extended periods of time or travel, but most weekends you will find me happily chillin' at the house. :)
5. I am claustrophobic! We were watching a Mythbusters show last night where they were trying to bust the "three inch punch" out of the coffin from Kill Bill, and they had a guy in a coffin, and the close quarters camera really started to freak me out.... eee....
6. I never dreamed I could be so lucky as to live by the beach - but here I am!!! :D 10 minutes away! (5 on a good day!)
7. I was one of the first kids in my kindergarten class to start reading; when I was 5 I read The Night Before Christmas all by myself at our Christmas pageant.
Yay! Now to tag some awesome bloggers...
Laura over at Anything But Blonde; she's a military wife living over in Germany, and she posts some LOVELY photos!!
Jessica at Have We Met?, a fellow North Carolina-ian (LOL) who has been posting about her amazing honeymoon in Asia, and I want to hear more! :D
Luna at Magic City College Girl (I'm a Magic Smaller-town Working Girl!! :D)
And Smileyfreak over at Keep Smiling, Smileyfreak! never fails to make ME smile with her LOL-worthy posts!! :D
Wow, this entry turned out a LOT longer than I imagined!! PHEW!! Will definitely make a holiday card post this weekend, but until then ... happy leftovers!!! :)