Regardless of when the actual technical "fall season" starts, September is just it for me. It's a month of changes; school always begins anew here, the temperatures start cooling down, New England slowly starts to look like the above photo, and I turn one year older!!
Seems some other of my blog-buddies are September babies as well, so happy birthday to y'all!! :) My birthday actually falls on the exact same day as my grandfather's -- cool, huh? He'll be 89 this year! DANG!!
But September is the beginning of my favorite season. From now until New Years is my absolute favorite time of year, hands down! Fall is such a lovely season, and it gets me excited for the upcoming holidays to spend time with family and friends and eat lots of awesome food and buy gifts for loved ones. It's all good times from here, baby! (Or one can hope.)
What are your favorite things about fall?
Mine are, in no particular order:
- Getting to wear comfy cozy long sleeves when it gets chilly
- Pumpkin and spice flavored breads, muffins, pies, and coffees! YUM!!
- The crisp chill in the air, and the clean smell. Sluggish humidity, begone!
- FOLIAGE! Although, down here in NC, it's pretty sparse compared to what I'm used to...
- Upcoming holidays. I get so anticipatory!
September also marks the last third of 2009. It's SO weird for me to think that 2010 is on its way... it's still so "Future-y" (think Jetsons maybe) to me. Where is my flying car?? Wait... that's probably a very dangerous idea.