My sickness has faded down to a dull roar, thankfully. I'm still feeling pretty icky, and my sinuses are all clogged now! Thanks everyone for your well wishes and sickie-medicine advice, I appreciate it!! :)
I've gotten a few awards recently and I wanted to post them! The first is the Dragon's Loyalty award from Moonjava. She just got a new betta fish, and I want to see pictures!! :)
And the lovely Ladytruth over at Happily AFTER Ever has bestowed upon me the Ultimate MeMe Award! If you don't go and visit this awesome lady now you will be SORELY missing out on lots of laughs and great posting goodness!!
The rules for this award are as follows: create 5 categories each containing 5 favorite items of said category but without necessarily being listed in any particular order. Then tag 5 people to do the same.
Five categories, eh? Let's see if my illness-addled brain can get this going...
Five Foods I COULD NOT Live Without!
1. CHEESE. Except blue cheese. But aside from that black (blue) sheep, I adore cheeses of all shape, size, and stink! :D
2. Shrimp. Preferably grilled over a hot flame with a little bit of lemon and garlic. Popcorn shrimp happily accepted too!
3. Pizza. Nuff said.
4. Caramello bars. Yeah, they get their own category, they're THAT good!!
5. Spinach salads. There is nothing better than fresh spinach, hard boiled eggs, and onions with a little bit of dressing and croutons... :)
5 Names of Cats I've Had
3. Zelda (Hey.. I was 11 and very heavily into video games.. so sue me!)
5. Caesar (Big white cat!)
5 of the HOTTEST Actors Out There!
1. Keanu Reeves
2. Edward Norton
3. Tim Roth
4. Gary Oldman
5. Johnny Knoxville
(that was extremely easy......)
5 Movies I Could Watch Over, and Over, and Over....
1. Bio-Zombie (if you're even remotely into zombie flicks and/or cheesy chinese film, you NEED to see this, right now)
2. The Lion King
3. The Boondock Saints
4. A Christmas Story!!!! (I know I'm not the only one that chain-watches that at Christmas... right??)
5. Happy Gilmore (it's just a classic~!)
5 Awful 80's Clothing Items I Have Owned in the Past
1. Those plastic oversized shirt ties that looked like a no smoking sign
2. The sweater + leggings combo (bonus points, my leggings had those straps that go under your feet)
3. Gold lame (imagine an accent over that e) pants..... ayiyiyiyi....
4. Those awful evil slap-bracelets
5. A FELT FEDORA HAT!!!! Remember those?? Mine was PURPLE!!!! Ohhhhh the humanity....
Now that I've duly embarassed myself, I'm going to give out these awards! You don't necessarily have to post them, but I wanted to highlight some blogs of note, ones that I am reading a lot lately and am always happy to see pop up on my Google reader sidebar with new posts. :)
For the Dragon's Loyalty award, I choose The Caped Tirader!; he does, of course, wear a cape and tirade around, and is quite witty doing it, but lately he's been doing a set of Halloween-themed posts about great horror movies!! Love it. Paul at Graduwait.com is another great read with lots of insightful, funny, and well-written posts.
For the ULTIMATE MEMEEEE (imagine that fading off slowly), I choose KS at While We're Waiting... She is hosting an awesome fall giveaway that I neeeed to enter, and her posts are always so fun and full of lovely pictures!! Lauren From Texas gets this one too; she is wonderful lady with a great blog, an adorable dog, and she has fantastic hair!! What more could a gal ask for, I wonder?? :)
And okay, before I forget: KS is having a fall giveaway full of tasty smells and you should really check it out here!! Yankee Candles are the mega-yum!
And now, I do believe it is time for some more sinus medicine... stay healthy, y'all!!